1. We think we’ve got some great prizes. Whether you fancy taking the holiday of a lifetime, getting behind the wheel of a brand new sports car, donning the latest technology or embarking on a completely new experience, we’ve got it all on our competitions, which refresh every couple of weeks.
2. We have fantastic odds. Most online competition websites charge crazy mark-ups on the real value of their prizes; we’ve seen cars being sold at 5x cost, electronics being flogged at 10x their retail value and all manner of uninspiring prizes being listed at unconscionable margins. These high mark-ups translate to more tickets, and more profit for the website operator, at the expense of the customer. With Dream Maker NI, we take a totally different approach. We keep the number of entries low relative to the cost of the prize, and keep ticket prices low too, meaning that you get a truly fair experience, and ultimately a great chance of winning!
3. We’re totally transparent. We always state the number of tickets available for each competition (unless it’s a charity competition, where we want to raise as much money for the charity as possible), and so you will always be able to know exactly what your chances are of winning right from the outset. Moreover, all of our draws are taken place live on facebook using an independent random number generator. We will publish winners on our website and facebook page.
4. We will always keep ticket prices low. With Dream Maker NI, it’s our philosophy that everyone should have a chance at glory, and that even if you don’t win, you shouldn’t feel hard done by, and you definitely shouldn’t feel a dent in your bank account. Entering competitions should be a source of light-hearted fun, and we want to keep it that way.
5. Even if you lose, you’ve helped someone win. We give a percentage of every ticket purchased to charities that our customers choose, meaning that every ticket spent on the website helps a good cause, even if you don’t win the grand prize that you were hoping for. We also run competitions where the vast majority of the tickets sold are donated directly to a particular charity, to support the valuable and varied work that our charity partners do.
Anyone who’s at least 18 years of age and a UK resident can play our raffles!
Each ticket on our website is clearly shown for each competition, and each ‘entry’ is formed of a set number of tickets. The entry price on our website varies, and will be clearly specified alongside each competition.
You can either enter online through our website or our app (coming soon), or by submitting a free postal entry. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information.
You will receive an email confirming we have accepted your postal entry. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam/junk folders as some email providers may redirect our emails.
All of our not-for-charity raffles have a maximum number of entries permitted, which varies between each individual raffle.
You must be a member to play our raffles. The sign-up process takes less than a minute!
Your odds depend on how many tickets are up for sale on the particular competition. For example, if 100 tickets are available in total and you purchase 20 tickets, you will have a 1 in 5 chance of winning the raffle, or even better if it doesn’t sell out! Unless it’s a competition for the benefit of a specific charity (where we want to raise as much money as possible), we will always clearly state how many entries are available for each competition.
Our competitions run for a fixed number of days, and the duration of each competition is specified on our website.
If there’s no reserve set in the competition description (Will be listed as GUARANTEED listings) then we will always give the prize away, no matter how many tickets are sold. Even if we just sell one ticket, we will still give the prize away. We think this is the only fair way to go!
All entries are final and you will not be able to withdraw from a competition after you have entered.
Unless stated differently on a competition description; The draw for each competition will take place within an hour of the time at which the competition ends OR after all tickets sell out!
You will receive an e-mail or a call congratulating you! You will also be able to see your name printed on the website as a winner, and if you managed to miss all the announcements, you’ll also likely be put up on social media as a winner. It is super important that you keep your email and telephone details up to date – if we are unable to contact a winner within 21 days of a competition ending, we reserve the right to re-run the draw and pick a new winner.
You can view the number of tickets you have in your account under my orders.
Charity is right at the heart of our mission, and Dream Maker NI currently supports good causes in two key ways:
1. When you sign up to Dream Maker NI, you will be able to select a charity to sponsor. From that moment on, 5% of every Dream Maker NI ticket you purchase will be donated to your selected charity. Our wonderful members have currently raised tens of thousands, and as we grow as a community, we will be able to raise more and more for good causes. You can change your sponsored charity at any point by editing your profile in the “member area”
2. We also run exclusive charity raffles, that can be recognised from our turquoise charity logo. For these raffles, we donate the majority of all ticket sales we make directly to the specified charity.
It costs between £1 and £10 for a single entry to competitions on our website. We want to keep the prices low, because this way we can remain a source of light-hearted fun, and everyone gets the chance to play!
We use secure, encrypted connections across our website and do not hold your card details on our servers. Our payment providers are fully PCI and ISO compliant, and we leave all of the financial processing to them. Dream Maker NI will never see, store or share any of your financial data.
You can pay by debit or credit card on our website, using our payment provider’s secure checkout system. Please be aware that some banks place charges on credit cards when you participate in gambling transactions, and, at times, Dream Maker NI gets classified as a gambling transaction by certain banks.
Whilst our existing payment providers are just as legitimate, secure and PCI & ISO compliant as PayPal, we unfortunately cannot currently take payments using PayPal. The reason for this is that the online competition space has historically been a tricky area for payment providers, and high numbers of customers wanting their money back from poorly run (and at times fraudulent!) competition websites has turned PayPal off the idea of servicing operators in our industry, even for legitimate offerings like our website. We will keep trying to get PayPal set up, and we hope to be able to offer PayPal payments in the very near future!
Yes, you can save card details! And don’t worry – we cannot, and will never be able to see these details – this is all handled securely by our payment providers.
If you receive a message indicating that we were unable to accept your payment, please do double check your details and try again. If you’re still having trouble paying, please get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat feature at the bottom right-hand corner of every page.
We obtain all of our prizes from carefully selected providers, and work closely with reputable firms like Virgin experiences, John Lewis, etc. to make sure that all of our prizes are exactly as described in each competition.
If there is any problem whatsoever with the prize, from its delivery to the quality of the prize itself, then please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us right away by using the ‘?’ button in the bottom right of the screen. We will do our very best to solve the situation right away!
We will either hand-deliver the prize or use Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed ® to deliver all our prizes. Should the prize be too large or valuable to send by mail, we will arrange for it to be delivered personally. For car competitions, depending on where you live, we will either pay your travel expenses for you to come and collect your car, or arrange for the vehicle to be delivered.
You will receive the prize that is specified in each competition, and normally there will be no cash alternative available. On occasion, we might offer you cash, and this is entirely at our own discretion.
Depending on the location and the nature of the holiday, the date range for taking the holiday offered as a prize will vary.
The simple answer is: no, no, and no again! Dream Maker NI is not a scam, and we take great pride in being completely transparent and a genuinely good-natured company. We understand people’s skepticism and raised eyebrows when it comes to checking out a new competition website due to horror stories with housing competitions and other websites, but we are totally legitimate, and will always give the prizes we list away, even if we just sell a single entry! The best part is that you don’t even need to take our word for it – we run all our draws using random number established, and completely independent software. We also run our draws live on facebook meaning that whenever you buy tickets on our website you will always be able to see your tickets in the draw. We couldn’t affect the process even if we wanted to, and all of our winners are 100% legitimate.
They most definitely do! We have had hundreds of winners so far, and they were all chosen by a public, and true random mechanism provided by random.org. You can check out our winners page for a full history of all our winners, available here: All our draws are done live on facebook using random.org. You will be able to see your ticket numbers in the draw each time!
Every time you make purchase a ticket or enter a competition on our website, you will receive a confirmation email of your activity. You will also be able to check your orders through MyAccount.
The winner is selected via a true random process by random.org, an independent, third-party entity developed by Dr Mads Haahr of Trinity College Dublin. Most ‘random’ processes used in computer programs are actually pseudo random, which means that they are generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but for drawing a competition, we want it to be completely random, which is why we use random.org – which uses atmospheric noise to select a truly random number.
Dream Maker NI could not, does not, and will never have any access or control over the outcome of the draw. The entire draw process is performed externally by random.org, and the results of each draw are shown live on our facebook page for the public to see as its drawn meaning that we couldn’t affect the process even if we wanted to (which we definitely don’t!).
We are a good-natured company and will never ask anyone to participate in any unreasonable publicity requests. You are absolutely entitled not to participate in anything that you are not comfortable with – the only things we always need are a winner photo, and permission to place this photo on our website.
No need to worry! If you have lost or forgotten your password, just go to the ‘sign in’ page and then click ‘reset password’. If you’ve forgotten the email associated with your account, then please do get in contact with us by clicking the ‘?’ button in the bottom right of the page and we will locate and verify your account.